- Strong verbal communicator
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Business model / ROI analysis
- Excellent negotiator
- White paper creation
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Deep technical expertise
- Solution roadmap creation
- Resourceful and Action oriented
- Outstanding collaboration skills
Consultant, Illinois Department of Central Management Services
October 2012 – Present
- Sales and Marketing of Illinois Century Network (ICN) dark fiber, lit service and colocation
- E-rate Expert advising the State and schools and libraries in Illinois
- Providing support for multiple initiatives including Internet of Things, Smarter Illinois, Big Data Analytics
- Business Case development
Senior Product Manager Fiber Optic Networks
March 2009 – May 2012. Zayo Group, Dallas, USA.
- Led cross functional team to expand fiber optic network in Indiana, Minnesota and Ohio.
- Developed government grant application for $45M in ARRA broadband stimulus dollars. Full $45M in grants awarded by US Department of Commerce.
- Specified end to end broadband solution with detailed business case and ROI analysis.
Senior Product Manager – 4G Wireless Solutions
January 2007 – February 2009. Nortel, Richardson, USA.
- Managed $30M yearly budget for technical requirements specification of WiMAX ASN gateway node and CSN nodes including WiMAX Home Agent, AAA (Bridgewater and Aptilo), policy server (Camiant), Deep packet inspection (Sandvine), DHCP, DNS nodes (Bridgewater, Sun), provisioning via TR-69 and OMA-DM (mformation for OMA-DM, Alvarion for TR-69).
- Developed unique value proposition of ASN gateway node. Very low cost, rack mount server based architecture.
- Responsible for the end to end solution, ensuring interoperability between nodes.
- Specified detailed technical requirements for product launch and roadmap of ASN gateway, Home Agent and the CSN nodes.
- Features specified include but not limited to billing (prepaid, postpaid, time of day, volume, time, content), VPN (IPsec, GRE, VLAN, L2TP), wholesaling, capacity, hotlining, subscriber licensing, redundancy, Quality of Service, mobile IP, ethernet CS, multihost via IP-CS, optimization (PHS, ROHC) and core network enhancements for Femto cells.
- Led technical discussion with lead technical architects and design managers for architectural decisions.
- Regular interaction with 3rd party vendor companies, including evaluation, requirements specification and roadmap input.
- Ownership of core network ecosystem. Led vendor discussions and 3 way discussions with multiple vendors, ensuring correct interworking, interface specficiation and dimensioning of the 3rd party nodes.
- Regular customer engagement, including site visits, presentations, technical deep dives. Core network consultant for customer deployments.
- Led process for make vs buy decision on Home Agent, including RFP generation and company response analysis and subsequent recommendation.
- WiMAX subject matter expert supporting pre-sales, sales and marketing teams including RFP response support.
UMTS/GPRS GGSN Product Manager
February 2001 – January 2007. Nortel, Richardson, USA.
- Specified differentiating GGSN based IP services (content based billing, security, quality of service) resulting in market leading GGSN. Key reason for GGSN sales in Vodafone, TMO and O2 properties in Europe.
- Recognized expert on packet core architecture, regularly meeting and presenting to customers. Regular feedback and requirements provided to R&D.
- Presentations given at Industry conferences and regular trade show attendance (MPLS Forum; Mobile World Congress, CTIA)
- Developed data solutions using ecosystem of external company products with Nortel GGSN – working with Websense for Content filtering, Flash Networks and ByteMobile for data optimization, Birdstep for Mobile IP, Azaire for WLAN interworking, IPolicy for Security. Performed necessary due diligence, evaluation and on going dialogue with eco-system partners.
- Starent GGSN productization leader – team leader for the productization of the Starent based GGSN. Managed multi-function and global team.
- Specified the Nortel Home Agent for GSM networks and technical consultant for Mobile IP in GSM.
Wireless Call Server Product Manager
June 1999 – January 2001. Nortel, Richardson, USA.
- Transferred to the Wireless Internet product management group in USA from France. Provided product and business leadership for wireless call server based network architectures and IP services.
- Led introduction of SIP call server into UMTS networks. Wireless Internet consultant supporting pre-sales activity, including bid responses. Regular conference participation with public presentations.
- Led IP mobility technical amd market study developing direct and close customer relationships.
- Provided technical expertise to customer requiring core network evoution to call server based packet core networks.
NSS Product Manager
September 1997 – May 1999. Nortel, Guyancourt, France.
- Transferred to the GSM product management group in France. Managed entire process for market introduction of Network Subsystem (NSS) products; brought to market the GSM small switch, Micronode.
- Managed detailed regulatory requirements and subsequent required development of the NSS switch, including technical discussion with in-country regulatory authorities.
BSC Software Design Manager
September 1995 – August 1997. Nortel, Guyancourt, France.
- Relocated from England to Nortel in France. Designed and implemented software on the GSM Base station controller, features include concentric cells, overload controls and short message service. Fluent French now spoken.
SDH TN1X Software Designer and Team Leader
November 1991 – August 1995. Nortel, Harlow, England.
- Team leader to design and implement the embedded software for an asynchronous telemetry card from conception to manufacture. The card provides an rs232 interface to the embedded communications channel of the SDH frame.
1987 – 1991 Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine. London, England.
- B.Eng(Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Associate of the City and Guilds Institute (A.C.G.I.)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Diploma of Imperial College (D.I.C.)